Transportation & Logistics
MAMaC is a premier location for industry with a superior transportation network and a central position along the eastern seaboard of the United States. The site is near several major metropolitan areas and within a day’s drive of almost two-thirds of the nation’s population. An outstanding road network provides easy access to port and air services, so any market – whether national or international – is within easy reach.
Located in the southeast’s "aerospace triangle," MAMaC is near Rolls-Royce near Petersburg, VA; Honda Aero, Inc. in Burlington, NC; GE Aviation in Greenville, SC; and Boeing in North Charleston, SC.
- Interstate 95 is the major north-south corridor on the east coast, connecting major metropolitan areas such as Miami, FL, Washington D.C., New York City and Boston. MAMaC has over 1.3 miles of road frontage along I-95 with access via two interchanges (Numbers 13 and 17).
- Interstate 85 is conveniently located less than 40 miles away, connecting Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham and the Greater Richmond Metropolitan Area.
- US Route 58 is an east-west corridor less than 5 miles away providing access to the Port of Virginia to the east and Virginia’s mountains to the west.
- Newly upgraded Otterdam Road directly serves the site from Interstate 95.
CSX System Map.
Click to enlarge.
- MAMaC offers direct access to the CSX main line via an on-site rail spur. CSX has 21,000 miles of track, access to 70 ports, and nationwide transloading and distribution services.
- Norfolk Southern Corporation runs east-west service nearby.
The Port of Virginia is about 75 miles east of MAMaC and easily accessible via road or rail. As the third largest container port on the U.S. East Coast, it offers the following advantages:
- Global service from more than 75 international shipping lines with 3,000 sailings annually to more than 250 ports in 100 foreign countries
- The deepest harbor on the U.S. East Coast, capable of handling the largest vessels afloat and the next generation of mega ships
- Large volume cargo-containerized, breakbulk, heavy lift, roll-on/roll-off, LASH, liquid, and dry bulk facilities
The Port of Richmond is multimodal freight and distribution center located about 60 miles north along interstate I-95. Features include:
- Service to northern Europe, the United Kingdom, Canada, Iceland, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Mexico, and South America
- Service for ocean-going vessels up to 525 feet plus and drawing up to 22 feet
- 300,105 square feet of covered warehouse capacity with 34 acres of open storage
The Richmond International Airport is a short 60-minute drive away and provides both passenger and cargo services:
- Passenger service is provided by seven major airlines. About 200 daily flights provide non-stop and connecting service to major domestic and international destinations.
- 140 million pounds of cargo are handled annually through freight and air express services.
The Norfolk International Airport is located approximately 90 minutes away with:
- Six major airlines providing direct and connecting passenger service to hundreds of domestic and international destinations.
- Freight and air express services.
Greensville County Deputy Administrator
1781 Greensville County Circle
Emporia, Virginia 23847